IJN is HERE in Las Vegas, and it’s because of your dedicated prayers! Thank you!
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR NEXT CLINIC WILL BE HOSTED BY CASA de LUZ ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2020. If you are interested in volunteering, please send an email to email@example.com or call 702 366-0516.
MORE INFORMATION, INCLUDING LOCATIONS AND SCHEDULES WILL BE POSTED IN UPCOMING ISSUES OF THIS NEWSLETTER.
Since In Jesus Name Las Vegas began in October of 2018, we have been busy
preparing to provide free medical services for thousands of people in Las Vegas with
no access to affordable health care.
We held our first clinic in March of 2019 and were overwhelmed by God’s provision and faithfulness as we were joined by the Northern Nevada team and many enthusiastic volunteers in ministering to about 50 patients. Our sincerest appreciation to Pastor Bosie White and his amazing congregation at Charity Christian for their love and support. We learned so much from this first clinic.
If you were wondering why we’ve been
so quiet, it’s because we took some time to evaluate our learnings and to make sure that we had the right resources, people and processes to proceed in a way that was pleasing to God. In the last nine (9) months, we have been working hard to raise funds, obtain equipment, find churches to partner with and obtain insurance. We stepped out and God moved in ways that sometimes surprised, but definitely strengthened us as He showed
us that this is His handiwork.
Here are some of our accomplishments to date:
We were blessed to have seven (7) new members join the board. This includes two doctors and a pastor. The talents, enthusiasm and dedication to hard work they have brought is inspiring. We will bring you more about the new Board in future editions.
• Despite a lack of experience in fund raising, God provided needed funds through a box lunch fundraiser (thanks Chef Ron), a divine encounter that resulted in a generous donation, other cash donations from kind supporters, as well as the faithful giving of our board members. This enabled us to purchase hardware and tools for set up and tear down, as well as medical and office supplies to support future clinics.
• In addition, because of God’s provisions, we were able to bless others by tithing to
Hope Medical Missions for clinics held in the Philippines.
• We were also blessed with in-kind donations including medical supplies from a medical supply store that was closing, tools from a friend of the ministry and access to online medical resource for our providers.
• We received 3 pallets of over the counter medicines and other items from Kingsway
Charities that will given to our patients at upcoming clinics. We were also able to
bless a medical mission to Cuba with some of the over the counter medicines.
• SOS radio will soon be airing an interview with our founder of In Jesus Name Medical
Ministry, Dr. Scott Southard. This will inform the people in the Las Vegas area of our mission. SOS is excited to partner with us and will possibly be onsite at our next
• Our Board and some extended members volunteered with a local church to serve in
their Food Pantry in November, 2019.
• The next two (2) clinics are scheduled for Saturday February 15th at Casa de Luz
and Saturday March 28th at Victory Missionary Baptist. We continue to seek out other churches with a heart to reach their community through the ministry of
medicine. If you are aware of, or part of a Christian church that might be interested,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 702 366-0516.